Last Sunday I had nothing planned. Which for me is a very big deal- so I decided that I would take that beautiful free time and bake.
I baked White Chocolate and Cranberry cookies.
They may not be the most beautiful things to look at but they tasted amazing. Also just so you know, the plate they are on is a dinner plate…the cookies were huge!
I used a recipe from allrecipes.com
The recipe is actually for chocolate chip cookies but Tesco do these amazing white chocolate and cranberry cookies that I wanted to duplicate.
What you need is:
250g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda (I used baking powder)
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g butter- melted
200g brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 bags of white chocolate buttons
1 bag of dried cranberries.
Oven at 170C/ Gas mark 3.
Grease baking trays – most likely two or use the same one twice.
1. Sift together flour, bicard and salt
2. Mix together in another bowl the butter, sugar (both types)
3. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla essence to the butter and sugar – stir until light and creamy.
I would suggest a wooden spoon as it works best…it also makes me feel like I am properly cooking 🙂
4. Mix in the flour mixture and blend together
5. Add in the chocolate and cranberries and mix in.
6. Drop cookie dough onto the baking trays- maybe having between 3-4 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. Try not to flatten the cookies.
7. Cook for about 20 minutes – the original recipe says about 16 but I found they weren’t done by then. Although this probably depends on your oven.
8. Take out of the oven and leave to cool, or eat warm with a lovely cup of tea.
Also look at the insane amounts of snow we have had recently- winter really is not letting go.
Happy Good Friday!